.

.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Meditation

Meditation has become one of my favorite ways to relax before falling asleep. It takes some practice to master, but fortunately benefits arrive far before mastery. Here is how you can go about it:

First, make sure you are in a quiet and comfortable environment where you will not be disturbed for the next few minutes. Then close your eyes and imagine your mind being sucked upwards and rising outside of you.

Anytime a thought, good or bad, occurs to you, recognize it as a conscious thought. Rise above it, and focus on your breathing, your heart pumping, the heaviness and warmth of your limbs, or the space filling the room around you and the space filling the universe.

In the second phase of my meditation I open my eyes and continue to keep my mind blank while remaining aware of everything around me. Remain in this position for as long as it feels comfortable and then stand up.

If you repeat this a few times a day I guarantee that you will make massive progress, so make this a ritual and do not give it up. The benefits of meditation are massive, going far beyond giving you a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment