.

.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sleeping Positions

What is the best sleep position to sleep in? It is a simple question, but the answer is not as simple. Everybody seems to be saying different things. Here I'll tell you what has worked best for me.

I was introduced to this sleeping position by Timothy Ferriss in his book The Four Hour Body. It is called the half military crawl. Here is how it works: lie on your stomach and turn your head to the right.

Keep your arms and legs straight by your sides. Now move your right hand so that it is under the top right corner of your pillow so that your elbow is at a 45 degree angle. Relax and let your right shoulder fall to the mattress. Then move your right foot up your left leg, until your right knee is at a 45 degree angle.

This position may feel uncomfortable at first but I guarantee it works, as you cannot easily move any part of your body. This prevents tossing and turning and helps you get to sleep right away.

If you are really worried about wrinkles on your face, it is true that sleeping on your back is the best position to prevent facial wrinkles. But if you are interested in the quality of your sleep (and you should be) then sleep in the half military crawl position.

Try sleeping in this position tonight, I guarantee you will feel a boost in your daily energy. Read my other posts for more tips and strategies, and good luck!

Learn how I cured my insomnia

3 comments:

  1. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    sleep position meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    best position to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came onto your blog while focusing just slightly submits. Nice strategy for next, I will be bookmarking at once seize your complete rises
    best way to sleep

    ReplyDelete